4.13.2010

Diamond Rings & Things!

Oh me oh my, it has been a while since I have posted a little something. By the way, oh me oh my may be the cheesiest phrase known to my vocabulary at this time, but this sports announcer that Barry often listens to LOVES to say it and it makes me laugh, so I thought I would try it on for size! Anyway, I have been a busy girl as of late. This past weekend Barry, my sister and I made a trek up the great interstate 395 to my wonderful hometown for a bridal shower that my beautiful bestest friend Crystal threw for me. She organized such a splendid shower and she made me feel like quite the special blushing bride! From the wonderful people who attended, to the delicious food, to the homemade limoncello to the fabulous game/surprise she planned, the whole afternoon was so fabulous! I received so many wonderful gifts from family and friends as well, and to thank them I made a little cookie favor for each one to take home.

I thought diamond ring cookies with white disco dust would be the perfect touch to the otherwise plain sugar cookies. They turned out really cute, unfortunately on our travels, I had this not so smart idea to carry the cookies in a ziplock...bad idea, a number of them broke right below the diamond. Fortunately, I always make some extra so I still had enough to give everyone.

Well, thank you all who made my shower so special, and thank you Crystal for being such a dear friend! Oh yeah...one more thing, my sweet mom gave me my "something blue" gift for the wedding and just guess what it is??? A BLUE travel cupcake carrier that holds 36 cupcakes! If that isn't a perfect "something blue," I don't know what is! It makes me want to make cupcakes for the wedding...hmmmmm...just kidding! I will stop at the cake! Well all, happy baking...happier eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question or leave a comment! I will get back to you soon!