So who was this lovely prize for? Our honorary wedding DJ/sister's BF/birthday boy...AKA Bim. We were celebrating his birthday on Monday, and what's a party without a cake, not much of a party in my opinion! I mean cake/dessert is what makes or breaks a party...keep that in mind for your next party!
- baked a 6"x4" chocolate cake
- sculpted the cake once cooled into a tapered-bottom, slightly rounded top cake
- cut a large (2.5"x2.5") core out of the middle of the cake-making sure to save the core top to replace once filled
- placed some YUMMY white frosting in the middle and replaced the cake core tops to seal it up
- covered the top of the giant cupcake with just enough luke-warm ganache to slide into place
- placed the finishing touch of the white frosting curly-q design across the top
White Sugar Frosting:
1 c. vegetable shortening
2 t. butter-vanilla baking emulsion
1/2 t. salt
1.5 lb confectioners sugar
1/3 c. water
Combine shortening, vanilla and salt, cream together. Add in all of confectioners sugar and water, turn electric mixer on low with a towel over the top and allow to mix for 10 minutes until thick and creamy.
Happy baking...happier eating!