Good Ole Peanut Butter Cookies: (adapted from Bon Appetit)
makes 36 medium size cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup JIF creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips! Depending on how chocolateeeee you want them...I used milk chocolate but do as you like!
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter until creamy, and peanut butter and beat until perfectly smooth and creamy. Beat in both sugars. Next mix in the vanilla and eggs, one egg at a time. Mixture will be a consistency similar to cottage cheese at this point :) Scrape down sides of bowl. Slowly encorporate the dry ingredients until fully mixed.
Grab out some handfuls and plop them on the cookie sheet (yes, this is literally what I do) Then with the finest sophistication, press your fingers into the middle to spread the dough out and make them into a circular flat disk sorta thing. Know what I mean? Now you are ready to bake, pop them in the oven until just golden, about 10-14 mins depending on size.
Alright, have at em...they are yummy! Happy baking, happier eating!