4.26.2012

Thinking Outside Of The Box

The cigar box that is...So the other day, I had this great idea to go pick up some of those gum cigars for a happy celebration of the baby coming kind for an old college friend. You know the ones, they are usually pink or blue and sometimes yellow or mint green? Yes, those. Well the only problem...I could not figure out where I would find them. You see we have EVERYTHING in Los Angeles, but the only problem...figuring out where in Los Angeles EVERYTHING is. So this could be an all day mission! Instead of taking this mission, spending a lot of time I didn't have, getting frustrated and road ragey with others and stopping at way too many red lights, I decided well duh! I could make my own cookie version! This option was a jackpot! I went straight home, whipped em up and was done in no time sans road rage & with a lot more gas left in my gas guzzler!

Here is what I came up with. Now I planned to do a quick mini tutorial, but you know, in my time crunch, I sorta forgot to take the tutorial pics...oops! You know the saying...best laid intentions...

So I am sorry no tutorial, but I may be doing them again if someone I know gets a little baby bump and at that time, I promise...TUTORIAL! But for now, feast your eyes on all things pink & blue.
happy baking, happier eating!

6 comments:

  1. Your friend is going to love these. What a cute idea for a baby shower or new parents. I don't think I've ever seen these done before. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! I was hoping to create something fresh and new with a retro look ;)

      Delete
  2. So cute and such a fabulous idea!! Much better than the real thing....especially with a little baby around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love this cookie version much better than the gum! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. miami1688 หากกำลังมองหาเว็บที่ได้รับการรอคอยงรับจากฝรั่ง pg slot แล้วก็เป็นเว็บไซต์ตรงแท้ 100% ชี้แนะเว็บไซต์ตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ ที่ได้รับการยินยอมรับมาที่สุดเป็นอับดับ 1

    ReplyDelete

Ask a question or leave a comment! I will get back to you soon!