3.01.2010

Saturday Morning Goodness

Ricotta Cheese Pancakes
Well, I was hoping to actually get this posted on Saturday, however, my work schedule did not want to cooperate, so here it is on Monday morning! I woke up Saturday morning and made a big breakfast for Barry and me to enjoy. Although he is not a big fan of pancakes, I am!  Well I am a fan of anything with the word cake in it, come to think of it! These pancakes are so delicious, the ricotta cheese gives them a texture that is simply scrumptious, you will just have to try them! I just made mine plain but I have in the past made them with berries or chocolate chips and those too are simply delish!

Pancakes: (recipe serves 4)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups milk 
  • 1 cup of ricotta cheese
Note: if you like to just use a box-mix (ie. bisquick) for your pancakes, make as directed on the box and just add a cup of ricotta cheese to the mixture.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Have a fabulous week and as always...happy baking...happier eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question or leave a comment! I will get back to you soon!