- Most importantly my husband and I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and our 8th year together! Woo hoo! I am told by a famous Texas talent Callye that I need to start saying woo hoo to get ready for when we move to Texas...lets just say, it incorporates perfectly into my current vocab! So here's to you Callye...WOO HOO!
- I will be finishing my overly extended time of living like a college student and upgrading to adult status at the young age of 31, yep that's right, as of mid-January I will be the ripe ole age of 31...mark your calendars! And come June 30th, I can officially say I am finished with my journey of 13 years to become a doctor...well I have technically been a doctor since 2008, but now, I don't have to be babysat, so to speak!
- Many close people to me will be celebrating many notable anniversaries as well in 2012...my parents are at 36 years in 2012! My sister and her hubby will celebrate their one year anniversary in August and my bff and hubby will celebrate their one year anniversary as well this year, that is an exciting anniversary! Come to think of it, last night as the hubby and I celebrated our NYE with a glass of wine, we each said what our favorite memory of 2011 was and mine was actually the celebration of our 1st anniversary! So 1 year anniversaries=very important in my mind!
- Speaking of anniversaries...my blog will celebrate 2 years this year, actually January is the month...hmmm...I better start thinking of something fun for my blogiversary I guess...any recommendations?
So now you want to know how you can make your very own delicious chocolate cake right...
- click here: i am baker follow Amanda's directions for the cake and while you are at it, look at all of her beautiful pictures
- while the cake is cooling, make your favorite frosting to dress-up your cake. For me, chocolate cake goes with chocolate frosting so I used my favorite fluffy chocolate frosting recipe that you can find at the bottom of this post.
- Decorate as much or as little as you like. Trust me, when you are smelling this delectable treat, your motivation to have some extravagant design and therefore postpone your EET (estimated eating time) will go out the window.
- Once decorated
- grab a plate
- cute a slice
- grab a fork
- pour some milk
- grab your hunny (or hide from others if you are not a sharer)
- Sit back, relax and let every morsel of this baby invigorate your taste buds!
Fluffy Chocolate Frosting:
1 stick unsalted butter @ room temp
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cups confectioners sugar
1/3-1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream butter and cocoa. Add sugar, milk, vanilla & salt, cream until incorporated on low/medium. Scrape bowl and turn mixer to high for a minute or two to get light fluffy frosting. I sometimes add more milk to thin it out even more to make a silky fluffy chocolate frosting...mmm...mmm...good!