9.02.2011

Catching Up...

Seriously?!?! Seriously?!?! How the heck is it September 1st 2nd and I am pretty sure I haven't posted at all in the last month! So saddening! Not to worry, I have been doing a LOT of baking but just haven't been doing much sharing :( sometimes there just aren't enough hours in a day, well there pretty much are never enough hours in my world! 

So you ask...what have I been up to...let me count the ways...I have been on a "real job" search because just in case you are interested in my countdown, I have less than 10 months until I am done with my 12 year journey of school, more school, and residency! That's right, I will be on my own, and I cannot wait! So naturally, I have got to get a job lined up! In addition to that, I have been doing my fare share of baking and decorating, wouldn't want to let you all down. So pardon the mass post, but here is what I have been workin' on...

Alfajores: homemade dulce de leche sandwich'd between two flaky buttery cookies...these were for a sophisticated bridal shower tea.
In addition, I made these for cookie favors, think I loved them! 
My next big deal was my wonderful sister's wedding...I am going to have to do an entire post on the extravaganza, however let's just say 6 different cakes, sandwich cookies, and a little thing called bread pudding...all prepared in a summer camp! The only bad thing...I didn't get a SINGLE picture except the one below of the sugar cookie cake topper I made...so I can't post all about it until I get the pics from the photographers!
(Like how I posted the pic twice? I pretty much love this lil' thing!)
 Right after the wedding, I did some baby shower cookies for a little gal named Taylor. Chocolate cookies with deep pink & white icing.
I then made sandwich cookies galore and adorable firetruck sugar cookies for a 3rd birthday (more on that to come). And finally, I made this little cake, which actually, despite not having slept the night before (because of the "real job"), I ended up really liking it! It was a sugar-free cake (hard to imagine, I know) that I will definitely be posting about, because rumor has it, it was actually delicious! Who knew fake sugar could be so good!
 Now, I leave you with that...I will be seeing you all soon with lots more about what I have been up to with recipes!!! Scouts honor, lol!
Happy baking, happier eating!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!! Love the cake topper!
    Good luck with the job search, can't wait to hear where you end up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the mass post! I seriously was becoming addicted to checking your site to see if you posted anything new, then I had to remind myself that you already have a gig as an anesthesiologist and have to do your baking in your "off" time. Beautiful bridal shower cookies - love them! I love it all. Did you make the roses for the cake? They are perfect. The squiggle work (yes I did type that - ha ha) is impeccible, too. And if you want, you can come work in Vt. for your full time job and then I can assist you for your part time baking job! Plan? Plan. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! If I had my way you'd post daily, but I UNDERSTAND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I'm pooped just looking at it all, you'd think it was 6 months of work. the sugar free cake...amazing, simplicity at its best. the cookie people are so sweet, I love the hair! must try that combed technique, it made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete

Ask a question or leave a comment! I will get back to you soon!