8.29.2010

Birthday Wishes!

Wow, August is a busy month for birthdays let me tell you! I have been pretty busy these past two weeks with some very special birthday sweets. I spent the last weekend with friends for a dear friend's birthday in Coronado Beach and we all had such an amazing time. I made a number of things to make the celebration even more special and I think we all met our sweets quota by the end of the weekend. The birthday gal's favorite color is red, so you will notice a bit of red here and there!
This week I was putting together a larger order for another friend whose father-in-law is celebrating his 60th birthday in party fashion and what party is complete without sweets! I made boat-themed sugar cookies and snickerdoodles. Finally this same friend also wanted another smaller order to send to her grandma for her birthday. So, like I said, I have been busy! Here are all of the pics...

These bingo boards were the favors, and yes they are edible. The older we get, the 
more likely we will be sharing in a bingo hall evening together!
Chocolate hazelnut cake pops! Sarah has never had one and her one request 
was cake pops, lets just say, these did not make it past our beach picnic!
The cake of course! Vanilla bean cake with cinnamon-pecan buttercream filling 
and fondant decor. The restaurant we ate at was so amazing they actually 
brought it out for dessert with candles so it was a surprise for Sarah. The best part... 
the fondant actually tasted good, I made it from scratch, I think that is the key!

The following pics look better in real life than film life as it was pretty late when I was 
taking pics. Artificial light just does not do them justice like natural light does!
Cookies for a 60th birthday party: anchors, sailboats, and happy birthday cookies.
Finally, the final order for a birthday gift. 1 dozen cookies: balloons 
and happy birthday scalloped cookies. I tied on bakers 
twine to make the balloons look even more real.

Happy Baking, Happier Eating!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I was surfing blogland and came across your very cute blog! Your craftsmanship is beautiful. I love to bake, but unfortunately my husband was recently diagnosed with type I diabetes, so my baking is on hold. I guess I will have to come here and look at your beautiful baked goods! If you have time, please feel free to stop by and visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, My daughter...another blogger, recommended your blog to me. It's lovely, and the beautiful, pictures of all the wonderful items you bake - amazing! Everything looks delious. Come by and see me sometime.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your email...more book reviews to follow - I love to read and to listen to books. That way I have one in the car and one in the house. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi... just popping in to see what bakes. Looks like you're busier than a one armed paper-hanger.

    Jeeeeeez every time I leave here, I'm shaking my head in wonder. You really do amazing work. You need to write a book or start a magazine.... incredible. Take good care, Keri

    www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post??! What a cute cake! Your fondant looks flawless! Did you use an extruder for the roping? I have one but I haven't used it yet. What brand do you have?
    Your cookies are perfect too! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete

Ask a question or leave a comment! I will get back to you soon!